WE ARE ON THE ROAD!
And plan to leave quite a mess in our wake, as you can see from the photo above (credit: Donnie Biggins). That pic is from our CD Release show at SubT in Chicago. I think we caused quite a mess and hope that everyone had a good time. We did.
Officially Great Ideas In Action will be available everywhere (digital online and the like) on May 1st, but those of you seeing us at our release party got a crack at it early and we hope you enjoy. We’ve heard some kind words from some reviewers who also got early listens, take a look at what they had to say below:
- Chicagoist - This is the album that will hold the door politely for you and then boot you in the ass as you pass through … and then buy you a beer to make up for it.
- Chicago RedEye - (4 out of 4 Stars!) Don’t listen to “Great Ideas in Action” unless you can handle having most of the songs stuck in your head, courtesy of Chicago’s smartest, most likable cynic.
- Mixtape Muse - No, you won’t find sophomore slump here at all, because Archie and the boys took it for a night of rock and drinks and it couldn’t keep up
- North by Northwestern - It’s music that you don’t have to think about with lyrics that you can whole-heartedly stand by.
- The Vinyl District - The record is packed with social commentary and dark lyrical content all set against some unbelievably catchy pop rock. The dynamic makes for an extremely engaging album that layers a unique danceable energy into every track.
- Chicago Tunes - You also see it at their live show, which, though experienced by me just once, is a happening perhaps best described as an event that oscillates somewhere between two poles: ruckus party and barbaric disorder.